Information for Visitors
At Cheadle Hulme School we are proud to offer our visitors a warm, friendly and professional welcome. However, the School also has a legal duty of care for the health, safety, security and wellbeing of all students and staff.
Visitors must not enter the school site if they are displaying any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, if the answer is yes to any of the below simple screening questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to postpone your visit.
Visitor Screening Questions:
- Have you or any member of your household or support bubble tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Are you or any member of your household or support bubble showing any COVID- 19 symptoms?
- Are you currently waiting for a test or test results for COVID-19?
- Have you been contacted by an NHS contact tracer and advised to self-isolate?
- Have you entered the UK from any country requiring you to follow quarantine rules?
To keep CHS a safe place we must minimise the number of unnecessary visitors coming to site (for example, more than one parent picking up). Where visitors are invited into school, these will be by pre-arranged appointments, and social distancing, hygiene and other protective measures must always be followed.
For all those eligible, we ask that face coverings are worn whilst walking around the site.
CHS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of its pupils. Safeguarding them from harm is the School’s highest priority.
To facilitate a visit to our School, we would like to draw your attention to the following:
- Please use the intercom on the gates and explain to our Reception team who you are, and who you are visiting. You will be guided on how to sign in at Reception, where you will be issued with a visitor’s ID badge / visitor sticker which should be kept visible at all times whilst in School. The member of staff you are visiting will then collect you from Reception and accompany you during your visit. You must remain with your host unless you have prior DBS clearance and it has been agreed that you can be unaccompanied.
- At this time, spectators are not permitted at sport fixtures. If you have a CHS Sports appointment or visit you may be asked to sign in with the Sports team so please proceed directly to the appropriate venue/pitch and remain in the designated areas.
- Please only use the toilet facilities designated “Staff & Visitors”. These will be clearly marked, but please ask a member of staff if you are unsure.
Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Our Reception team will provide all visitors with a “Safeguarding and Evacuation Procedures” leaflet to read. This leaflet provides guidance on how to ensure your relationship with pupils remains professional. It also contains information on our Safeguarding and Child Protection procedures. The leaflet provides further information for Visiting Speakers, and also guidance on the use of IT whilst on site. If you require the use of our ICT facilities, please let us know in advance so a guest login can be set up for you. Please note that your activity on this login will be monitored and any alerts will be dealt with accordingly.
- Please do not take photographs of pupils without explicit permission from a member of staff.
- If for whatever reason you are concerned about a pupil in School, please let the member of staff you are visiting know to contact the Safeguarding Team. Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mrs Susan James.
Other Relevant Information:
- Please familiarise yourself with the Emergency Action Plan Notices which are displayed at emergency call points. In the event of an evacuation, the member of staff you are visiting, or the Sports team, will guide you to the appropriate assembly area.
- The School has a First Aid Centre, please let the member of staff you are visiting know if you require First Aid or other medical care.
- Smoking is not permitted on any part of the School campus.
- Dogs are not allowed on site.
We wish you a very pleasant visit and hope that you see our values in action